September is right around the corner and it’s time to start filling your social media calendar with fun content to keep them engaged with your brand! Here are some ideas to help you develop great September social media content:
National Observations for the Month of September
- International Square Dancing Month
- Baby Safety Month
- National Learning and Development Month
- Better Breakfast Month
- National Chicken Month
- National Piano Month
- Self-Improvement Month
- Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept 15 – Oct 15)
If any of these monthly observations relate to your business or resonate with your audience in some way, consider running a month-long promotion or doing a social media post just to spread awareness and get your followers talking.
September Nationally Recognized Weeks
- National Nutrition Week (9/1-9/7)
- National Waffle Week (9/4-9/10)
- Suicide Prevention Week (9/5-9/11)
- Pollution Prevention Week (9/18-9/24)
- National Dog Week (9/18-9/24)
- International Women’s ECommerce Days (9/19-9/25)
- International Week of the Deaf (9/19-9/25)
- National Keep Kids Creative Week (9/18-9/24)
Week-long observations are great for running promotions and contests. Try running a discount promotion on environmentally friendly products for Pollution Prevention Week, or having a kid’s drawing contest for National Keep Kids Creative Week!
- Labor Day (9/3)
- National Read a Book Day (9/6)
- National Lazy Mom’s Day (9/7)
- National Grandparents’ Day (9/10)
- National Online Learning Day (9/15)
- Working Parents Day (9/16)
- National Respect Day (9/18)
- American Business Women’s Day (9/22)
- National Ask a Stupid Question Day (9/28)
- National Coffee Day (9/29)
A great way to post about national or international holidays is to simply announce the day and ask your followers a question about it. For example, “Happy National Read a Book Day! Comment below to let us know what you’re reading.”
Other September Themes
- Changing Leaves / Foliage
- Start of Football Season
Use these ideas to beef up your September social media content calendar! How does your business engage its online audience during the fall season? Drop us a comment below to let us know what creative ways you find to connect with your target market on social media.
Thanks for reading, we hope this article was useful and informative. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more updates and marketing tips! If you ever have a marketing-related question or want a comprehensive analysis of your business’ marketing strategy, feel free to give us a call at (877) 655-9655. You can also find more information about our services on our website. Get in touch with us and find out how we can help you grow your business!
Article by John Kennedy
Born and currently based in Lowell, Massachusetts, John is an impassioned copywriter and Olly Olly’s fearless Content Manager.
Like what you read? Send John a message here.